Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thursday Morning

I put some water on to boil for tea this morning and noticed my plant: leaning into the sunlight. This makes me smile, because that's just like me. I can't get enough sunlight, daylight, brightness. It's also a spiritual parallel, as so much is in life. I want my life to be characterized by that same stretching out to the Son... Needing him and searching him out. That without God in my life, I'd wither up and die. What do we need in life? Sun and water and food and shelter? Jesus said, "I am the light of the world." (John 8:12) Jesus said, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but those who drink the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life." (John 4:13&14) Jesus said, "I am the bread of life." (John 6:35) And Psalm 91:1&2, "Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. They say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust."" Yep - everything we need, he IS. *note* this is adapted from my own blog post from this morning. If you'd like to check out my personal blog, you are welcome to.

No comments: