Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Stories

Stories are important.  We learn from stories.  When I teach, I start each class with a chance to share stories - how we had seen God move, when we understood that he was close or involved in what was going on around us.  I believe stories give us far more than simple entertainment; they bring us hope and the knowledge that beyond a shadow of a doubt, God is bigger than we are and moves in ways that we can't imagine.  Hearing stories gives us a glimpse into that reality and awakens our ability to see him moving.

I heard a story on Friday, and I wanted to share it with you.  Here's Adam's own words:

"I was at a mentorship group/bible study a while ago, and we were closing in prayer, and my request was that I'd get the money in for this missions trip. I'd recently found out that I was $1500 short of what I needed to have already had in. So, we prayed over that and just committed it to God. That Sunday, I was at church, and this friend ended up sitting behind me, and he asked me how my week went and how getting the money in went and what not. I told him that I didn't get paid till the upcoming Tuesday, and then he asked me how much short I'd be after I got paid. I was going to be $600 dollars short of what I needed after I got paid and had tithed and such. He texted me later that afternoon and asked if he could drop by my house because he had something for me.

When he arrived, he handed me an envelope, and he said that all week he'd been praying about it and that God had really put it on his heart to support me going on this trip. And God had kept telling him "$600, $600, $600, give him $600", and he'd been paid $600 cash up front to cover a lease on an apartment that he was leasing out to a couple. He said that when I told him I'd be $600 short of what I needed, it was like God said "I told you so..." and it was just a really reassuring thing in his spirit that he was supposed to bless me with $600 towards my ministry trip. That was really cool, and it has been a huge blessing. :)"

How have you seen God move lately?  Leave a comment with your story.

No comments: