Friday, October 10, 2008

HUNGER

Are we really facing a 'global food crisis'? What obligation do we as Canadians have to change our lifestyles and advocate for change which will lessen the suffering of the global poor? I joined END HUNGER FAST and am going to FAST FOR CHANGE next Thursday, October 16. You are welcome to join me. "Imagine... if every Christian in Canada made a small change toward ending hunger - both spiritual and physical hunger. Fast for Change aims to help people and churches reflect and consider small changes that affect three areas of our lives: the daily practice of eating, the spiritual health of our faith communities, and justice for the hungry all over the world." I am going to go to the HUNGER FOR CHANGE workshop up in Saskatoon on Wednesday, October 29. You are welcome to join me. The objective for these workshops "is to inform and lead to transformative actions. The world is now challenged to work as a global community to sustain the environment and meet the needs of the poor. These workshops will challenge anmd encourage participants to find ways to make a lasting impact both locally and globally." The first item (Fast for Change) is just for your information, although if you want to participate, please let me know! We can plan something or simply share stories. The Hunger for Change workshop, however, is something I would like to do with YOU. I have room for 7 people to join me going up to Saskatoon to take in this seminar, and then I would like us to plan an awareness event for the rest of the young adults. Please join me. Together we can make a change.

No comments: